Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
I know jack [bleep] about Mtn Lions.

Are they like coyote or hogs in that you can hunt the crap out of them and kill a pile of them and they just bounce their population right back up if you dont keep hammering them?

Would killing a bunch one year make a big dent?

Wasn't that many years ago, I was out hunting by myself at altitude, down on the Oregon California line. It was snowing pretty hard.. Had my 4 Runner with me.

Walked down a logging trail, that got narrower and narrower with heavy brush on each side. It finally ended at a cliff, that had been mined some. Evidently a long time ago...When I turned around to go back to my truck, I didn't get too many yards back up that trail, when I see fresh lion paw prints in the snow! A cougar had followed me down that road. Never saw or heard it. Especially wouldn't have in the snow that was falling. One the way back, I saw there the tracks had came out of the brush.

Needless to say, the hair on the back or my neck was standing up and I was on HIGH ALERT with my rifle ready to go and I kept turning around to see if it was following me, down the trail and back to my truck. Made it back to my truck, and decided to just take a nap. It was about noon and I'd been up since like 4 AM to get out there. Think I slept for an hour.

upon waking up, get my rifle out and get out of the truck. Cougar prints up to my truck and actually circled my truck 3 times. Put the rifle back in the truck, started the engine and left.

Why I never got jumped? I believe it was having a rifle with me. Those cats know what one is, especially if they have been shot at. That is probably what saved me from becoming cougar crap that time.

When I first moved here to Oregon, I was out and was hiking, looking for deer sign, on a logging road, up at altitude. Had my head down as it was snowing pretty hard. I was just carrying a 22 Mag rifle with me. The hair went up on the back of my neck, and I looked up and there was a curve in the road ahead of me by 100 yds. There was a cougar on a rock, in a position readying to pounce down upon the road. I pulled up the rifle and aimed it at the cat's face and started walking toward it. It got out of that crowched position and snarled at me a couple of times. I put a shot into the rock ledge just below its feet. It jumped at the shot and the rock flying when the bullet hit. I kept on walking toward it and just talking out loud. It took off after one more last snarl.

My underwear wasn't full of poop, but I bet my Blood Pressure was 300 over 300, and I was wired like I just ate an entire bottle of speed. I definitely was sweating....

Had been in that situation with a black bear or two in my lifetime. Glad it worked on Cougars also. These young guys in CA that just had the experience of meeting a cougar evidently weren't armed. I never go in the back country unarmed around this place.

Ya left out the 85 lb Northern Pike watching it all go down from the Doug Fir.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.