Originally Posted by kennyd
Colorado is dead set to out law lion hunting. I upset one a few years back elk hunting. Followed me making a "aroof" growl for a half hour. Never saw it or even could tell for sure the direction of sound. I've seen the trail cams of [Mountain lions] pouncing on deer--me and my .41 seem outclassed. Queeksdraw I ain't

As for California's carrying. The culture frowns, note the comment about why are you hiking anyway.

Kenny D, I wouldn't worry that your .41 Magnum isn't sufficient for protection against a Mountain lion. When I lived in California, I became friends with a professional lion and bear guide, a houndsman, who had killed a bunch of them over the years. His primary lion firearm was a Ruger Single Action in .22 Magnum. He said it would kill a Mountain lion quicker than a cat can lick his azz. His rifle he carried for Black bear was an old Winchester 94 Trapper in .30-30 WCF.

He was quite a hunter. When Calif. libs got lion and bear hunting banned and curtailed, he took his hounds and moved to Idaho/Nevada and later to Montana.

EDIT: Most of those bliss ninnies commenting idiotically about "being in the lion's territory," ad nauseum, have never been off the concrete sidewalks, streets, and highways ..... and think you, I, we, should not venture off concrete, either.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)