aceman-for me it would be all about CNS and which CNS spot was aquired first.

I personally not a hugo believer in shooting one in the chest in the hope that it'll either put them down and or turn them. 4 me and my hide I want one in the brain pan, just under the chin and or in the spine.

I've never had to face off with a griz did have a show down with a blackie that my client had wounded. He came at me from 9', one shot just under the chin as he was coming very fast did the job (25/06 and a 100 grn coreloct).

Lastly I'll end with these couple of things. First off I would only shoot as a last ditch my butt is about toast kind of situation.

And, a fella I know who trains grizz's for movies and such has timed one of his 600 lb capitive bruins (IE not as wired and in shape as a wild one). In a timed 50 yd event the griz came in with times of 2.9 seconds to 4.5 seconds.... shocked

Just some things to think about. Oh and one last thing, this is just my way but if I was carrying a BB gun (what I call a shotgun) it would have the bestest and toughest slugs and I'd leave the birdshot for the birds.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy