I'll also add that after having bow hunted grizzlies a bunch and having stalked probably 20-30 grizzlies up close and personal with a bow or the camera that Arts statements above abut 40 yards not being charging distance , is correct. "Almost" every grizzly that we get busted by while closing the distance to bow range will want to get a better birds eye view or smell of you before checking out. Especially where we are always trying to defeat their ability of winding us and approaching them from down wind. It seems to me that many will get as close as 20 yards or closer and then circle to check your smell before hauling azz. Though having been bluff charged more than once they have all either hauled azz or remained content on bluffing you to stay back if they felt like holding their ground. But I am not gonna lie and say that when they start coming right towards you to check you out that chit dont get a little giddy in your head. Your thinking....he's gonna circle us, he's gonna circle us.We have video of one bear that bluff charged my buddy twice while rooting something good, but never came for real. My pard held at full draw for several minutes on that bear and he finally [bleep] up and turned broadside, and after the arrow hit he didn't come our way , he went the opoosite way in a hurry. He ran for about 150 yards before dieing on a gravel bar just off the closest braid of the river. So keep in mind that a bear that comes inside 40 yards is most likely just checking you out to decide whether to run from you or eat you and you have to pay close attention to body language cuz I am always thinking, this chit can go real good or real bad right now!