Originally Posted by BFaucett
I hope MD doesn't mind me posting this excerpt. Here's the paragraphs in question:

"One such rational hunter posts frequently on an Internet chat room. He claims to be so rational that he grows impatient with people who don�t follow his rationale completely. (It might be pointed out that impatience with other people�s opinions isn�t exactly rational, since we�re likely to run into this odd phenomenon more than once or twice in our lives. But that would be a cheap shot, so I won�t do it.)

It turns out his choice for the perfect hunting rifle is a model built by one particular custom gunsmith, with a custom-designed synthetic stock, top-notch barrel and controlled-round feed action (what else?) worked over into as close to perfection as possible. Even with a plastic stock, each of these rifles costs over $10,000 � and this purely practical rifleman has several.

The fact that they are all chambered for purely practical (meaning popular) cartridges really doesn�t mean this guy is purely practical. Anybody who spends that kind of money, over and over again, on rifles that don�t have beautiful walnut stocks is not thinking like a computer but more like a supermodel on a wig spree."

Cheers!
-Bob F.

Disregard the scan. Bob captured it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated