Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by jds44
Allen had a ton of relevant experience there's no doubt about that, but he had real trouble with anything that didn't agree with his experience. If you weren't shooting A-Frames or Partitions out of a Echols tuned Model 70, you might as well have been hunting with a club.

Yep. I don't have any respect for people such as that.

Well....he may have formed some pretty firm opinions ( who on here hasn't?). But at least they were based on having done a lot of hunting and shooting over the years in lots of places.You have to respect that.

He concluded that combination worked best for him...and about the only real squawk any of us have is that the rifles were expensive....but I doubt he had any more than 4 figures into any of those Echols rifles at the time.

Cripes you see guys on here whip through $2-$5k builds like they change their socks, searching for the "perfect" rifle and cartridge. Do that a few times you just paid for an Echols

My impression, based on what he posted here,and in phone conversations with him, was he had reached a stage where he was no longer "guessing" about anything.He had a clear understanding of what worked for him. Some people never reach that stage.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.