Originally Posted by ScottW
Not much to say that hasn't been said. I remember my first "run-in" with Allen was when I suggested that the new Hornady Light Magnum -'06 ammo was very near the performance of standard .300 Win Mag ammo. He had strong differences in opinion. I was right, but his point was that so could the .300 Winnie be uploaded. That wasn't my premise. It was a simple one: A .30-'06 owner could now have similar performance with a .300 Winnie owner. He did not like that premise, even though it was true.

Allen is a solid, good human being. Stubborn, opinionated based on facts from his realm of experience. He was a kind man to me on the phone the couple of times I spoke with him.
He was an essential poster and solid member of 24hourcampfire.
I don't know why he stopped posting: tired of the B.S., business or family time requirements, disease. I don't know, but I know that he is missed by me.
He lives just 20 minutes from me, but I do not feel I have the level of friendship that would make me feel right to contact him. Knowing Allen, he's been here...just not posting.

I wish he was still posting here, also.
He has some good solid advice, seems to me.
Wherever he is, I hope he is doing good.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker