I know that I'm jumping in on this late. I have been having trouble with a 100 ATR in .270 Win that I bought at WalMart last month and searched the web to see who else was in a similer situation when I found this. My problem started when I didn't find a warranty or registration card in the box. Also, the manual stated a 1-year warranty and the sticker on the stock stated 2 years. I emailed Mossberg customer service but did not hear back. I took two boxes of 130 gr. factory loads (1 from Rem., 1 from Win.) to the range after mounting a 3x9 Bushnell Banner. If I loaded 3 rounds or 1 round the last round would not feed (it would pop up and turn sideways). I thought I didn't put it together correctly when I took it a part for cleaning. Back home I re-assembled everything per the "exploded diagram" in the owners manual and tried some dummy loads. Still had the feeding problems. Emailed Mossberg again. Still no response. Called Mossberg told them of the problems and was told they would send a new follower/spring assembly to me. Was told that my sales receipt was my proof of purchase - no warranty/registration card provided. Still wainting on it to show up.

Did a close examination of the bolt. The bolt head/face, bolt body, and bolt handle are 3 separate pieces. All have to turn in unison for the locking lugs to engage. The firing pin passes through the pin that retains the bolt head and locking lugs. If the pin shears on one side there would probably sufficient friction/force on the firing pin that it would not move forward and hit the primer. This pin would have to shear on both sides, keep the firing pin aligned with the hole in the bolt face, and allow the bolt face to reamain stationary while the bolt handle was moved. More likely the bolt handle became dissengaged from the bolt body. During my military carrer I was trained to be the maintenance rep. for aircraft crashes (we called them "misshaps"). I am not an engineer, but for a great part of my adult life it was my job to find out what went wrong with aircaft and get them fixed. I would be very interested to see how this turns out for Mossberg. Also, I would think they would put registration cards in with new firearms to help "lawyer proof" themselves. -AimHigh