Thanks for the personal insights, Steve.

It's sort-of 'funny' how you injured your shoulder, but only because I did the same thing in close to the same way. One evening in the fall of 2007 my son shot a deer (with my Ruger 35 Whelen) and hit it low breaking both front legs. It pushed itself with it's hind legs out of the field and into the woods. They decided to leave it for a while hoping it would settle down and expire. I went with him after dark to retrieve the deer, only to find that it was still quite alive. Every time we approached the deer it would scoot itself away in a flurry of motion. We didn't have a gun with us because it is illegal to possess any weapon in the field after dark. The boys tied a knife on the end of a stick and repeatedly tried to stab the deer, but each time it would jump away and the boys would jump back for fear of being kicked. It was comical for a while, but after a while I decided it was time to end the charade. So I, the ol' man, worked into position behind and out of the deer's sight. Then I 'pounced' (not 'fell' wink ) on the deer's neck with my forearm and held it down with my weight so the boys could cut it's neck. When my forearm landed on that deer's neck, I heard a 'pop' and instantly felt the unmistakably excrutiating pain of a torn-up shoulder. But we got that dang deer! smile

An MRI showed that the supraspinatus tendon was completely torn and had receeded back about 2cm from where it belongs. It was later surgically repaired and is now doing quite well.

I am delighted to hear that you are actively involved in your church. God bless you and yours in all that lies ahead.

How many offers have you had on the Chevy since your last post? wink

-

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.