LNF, I agree to a point. NMDGF should be doing something to enhance the Desert Sheep populations in NM! Basically all we have is a feeding program for lions!As far as reintro protocol there are few ranges that historically had deserts and now have Barbary. The Guadalupes no doubt would be perfect except for the fact that much of that country is still Domestic sheep country and there are way too many lions in that country to support a reintro there (unless we want to change up the lion diet!) These Barbary fill a niche here in SE NM that is great for hunters. Now SW NM as well as a few central ranges are a different story. Which is why there are still otc tags. NMDGF also have a shoot on sight policy to kill wandering Barbary in Desert Ranges.Like I said, I agree, I wish every mountain range from the Organs to the AZ state line had a viable-huntable Desert herd, but it's not really the Barbary's fault that there isn't. I love sheep hunting, Barbary and hopefully, one day, Deserts but I promise everytime I glass up a big Barbary ram I pretend I just found a 180 Desert!

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared