Originally Posted by AZ Southpaw
Like someone else mentioned...it's not my go-to rifle, but sometimes I wish it was (just too many others and not enough tags). My go-to load though is the 145gr Speer worked up with 50.0gr of H4350 Xtrme. My rifle also like 154gr Hornadys with W760, but with the temps here in AZ, that powder kinda scares me.

I've been using W-760 ever since I had my custom 7x57 built up and use it as well in my Wincheser M70 feathrweight. What I did was work up he loads during the hottest part of the summer here in Tucson. I do that with all my load work up BTW. The custom with it's tight chamber won't take what the Featherweight will handle so I have to play with that one a litle bit yet, but the M70 will do a solid 2800 FPS with 140 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips without pressure problems one a 105 degree day. I did reach 2880 FPS but the bolt was starting to get a tad sticky, very slight but noticable. I've done all my load work up that way since I moved down here 30 years ago and it's worked out quite well regarding too much pressure due to the heat.
I used it about 6 years ago in area 32 north of Wilcox and dropped a nice Mule Deer with it. Didn't have any problems with it in the 70 degree heat and if velocity was affected, I sure did not notice it. I know the deer didn't. He just died.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE