Great pics ET.

I have the stuff to paper patch, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. There are different schools of thought on whether to apply dry or wet, and whether to lube. I know shooters who do it with success both ways.

In the spirit of show and tell, here is my drop tube setup. I did not orginate the concept, but adapted it. I admit up front that it may be unnecessary overkill, but I like it. So does a very particular shooting buddy who swears by it.

Essentially it incorporates a small electric motor with an offset shaft weight to produce vibration. And, no, I did not cannibalize a sex toy, although I imagine they work the same way, down to the little Chinese motor. The motor, battery pack, toggle switch, and take-down connectors came from Radio Shack. Since the pic was taken, I've moved the toggle switch closer to the top.

I've found that the size of the hole in the top funnel is critical. About 1/8" seems to be max, and I started with 3mm. It takes about 12-18 seconds for the charge to pass through. It makes for a very uniform powder column, probably more dense than hand pouring.

Paul
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.