Ranch, the bullets are cup based, tapered 540 grain slugs. The pigtail twists and tucks into the base. Accuracy?? I had a 508 yard target, a 16" gong to shoot at in Virginia. One ranging shot, battery adjust and put the next 2 into the gong using the BARREL SIGHTS! Shot off the buffalo sticks. Insides are cleaned with 50/50 white vinegar and water. Outsides I generally don't bother with too much. After every 5th firing, I'll take a piece of very fine steel wool and clean them up. I get a very clean separation of the patch.

Randy, I have 3 different wieghts of paper, all high cotton bond paper. Some molds throw a bullet that is .447 and patch up to land. The bullet pictured is big. .457. Patch is the thiinest I have, onionskin. My paper depends on the bulet. I have a batch I cast from Jorge's mold that are quite small comparred to my 2 molds. I use the heaviest paper for those. Genuine PP slugs are smooth sided. Some are tapered, some are straight sided. Some are flat base, some are cup base. My rifle seems to like the tapered cup base bullets but also shoots VERY well with a 525 grain straight sided bullet I cast.Every rifle in this class is a law unto itself so ya just have to find out what it likes. Whe ya do, HOLY CHITSKI do they ever shoot and they hit game like a friggin' safe fell on them. IMHO the 45 caliber Sharps Rifles that are 2.4" to 2.875" are pure killing machines.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]