I bought an Extreme Weather in 300 WSM the other day. I took it to a local range with 4 boxes of factory ammo. I had Winchester XP3 180gr, Winchester E-Tip 180gr, Federal Accubond 180gr and Federal Trophy Bonded Tipped 165gr.

The E-Tip load and XP3 didn't didn't seem to want to shoot, but the groups were not strung. Triangles, but 1 3/4 to 2 inch triangles. The Trophy Bonded 165gr load got me thinking happy thoughts with the first group when it printed two shots one on top of the other. Then, the third shot went 1 1/2 inches low. Two more groups later, no other bullets were tightly grouped. 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups. The 180gr Accubond load fired a 5-shot group into 1 1/4 inches. I'm not sure if it was me, but I would fire two shots touching and the next two shots 1 inch away and touching.

I'm not super excited with the groups so far, but I'm not going to get too upset until after I try handloads and a more comfortable bench. I was at a new range and could not get comfortable. That might have had a lot to do with it.

The trigger on mine is super heavy. I took it apart and there was a lot of goop covering the trigger pull-weight screw and the overtravel screw. I spent some time scraping the goop off and picking it out of the screw heads. Then found out that I didn't have a 1/16 allen head, so the tinkering stopped. I did notice that the trigger pull-weight screw seemed to be screwed in a lot further than the overtravel screw. After putting the gun back together, I could stick my finger into the trigger guard with the entire weight of the rifle and the trigger would still not break.

Last edited by Dan360; 10/07/09.