Guys, will you permit me to write about my new, New Haven M 70?

If you won't, I won't write it. >G

In '08 I wanted to get another M 70 since I hadn't had one in too long. Win. being in/out of business 3xs at least in recent decades was part of my desire to get another 70. The caliber didn't matter except for 1 that I didn't and don't want. (personal choice)

I found a New Haven 70 Winlite in 300 W M. Having had several 300s in the past, I was glad to have another.

It had an EL CHEAPO 3-9 scope on it, retails for $40.00 To my SHOCK n SURPRISE that scope hasn't missed a lick.

I didn't buy the gun as a real shooter or hunter, so I bought some CHEAP fed. fact 180s. They shot fantastic in that New Haven Winlite. I liked the gun so well & I had not INTENDED to load ammo for it, I bought 2 more boxes of the same lot.

WELLLL in '09 I got the loading supplies I didn't have. This New Haven M 70 Winlite shoots as well as any rifle I've had and better than some.

Being synthetic stocked & light, it's a pleasure to hunt. You CARRY your rifle more than you shoot it, hunting.

SWAMPY's going to 'like' this. I've had NO problems with that factory ammo OR my handloads. So far I've only loaded 180s at 3100 fps but using different BULLETS I could hunt anything in North America. (c-c, N P, TSX, A frames, etc.)

MAYBE being syn. stock or whatever, MOST hunters would be satisfied with THIS New Haven M 70.

I'm sorry if you feel I hijacked the thread.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!