Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I'll tell you this; I don't believe a man who has children has any business shooting at the level you're talking about, even if he can afford it.

Dang, I didn't realize I was being immoral. Oh well, back to more conventional pursuits like drinkin' and ho's. smirk

Guys that shoot 100K rounds or more a year either make money at it or are trying to make money at it. Free ammo and paid to shoot, kinda like being a gunwriter without having to actually write anything. My point stands regarding "try that [200K rounds] with a 1911" - the guys that shoot that much overwhelmingly use 1911's.

I never put up those kinds of totals. There were years I reloaded around 50K rounds, but I would account for a half to two-thirds of the empties. Firing 25K rounds would cost me around $50 a week. That's not chicken feed, but it's a lot cheaper than a new bass boat.

I�m not talking about the money invested; I think once you get set up with a good progressive reloader you can save some money on ammo. I meant time away from the family. If you�re shooting 250K rounds per year, and carting your equipment back and forth, and getting set up, tuning your mags, tuning your gun, breaking down all your equipment, cleaning everything when you get home, dry-firing, position practice�.I think you�re taking ALL your time away from your kids.