Originally Posted by MOGC
orion,
You might do a little research on the .40 S&W in the Glock platform before buying one. Of all the cartridges they are chambered for that is probably the most problematic.

I have a very good friend who worked as a firearms instructor for the State of Georgia. He did almost all of the state's training in Forsyth.
I asked him that very question about the 40 S&W. He only commented that in his 5 years of traing, and 1,000s of rounds fired, he had never seen a problem.
He commented that some of the Glocks were there before he was, and had beed fired who knows how many times. He had seen hundred's of different Glock 40's on the range.
He also commented that during the coarse of a week that several officers may qualify with the same weapon. That weapon may go for 1000 - 1500 rounds before cleaning.
I am also aquainted with a gentlemen who shoots on a weely basis. He personally told me that he has over 23,000 rounds fired from his Glock 23. Never a problem.

I have some reservations about Glocks in anything bigger than a 9mm. I read the kaboom stories on the net as well.

I have 500 rounds through my 21. Just a drop in the bucket. But it has shot everyting I have fed it. And it has shot everthing surprisingly well.