Numerous Glocks have KaBoomed with factory ammo. I am personally aware of two which occurred on LE ranges with issued factory .40 ammo; and another 10mm that let go on the first round of a reload we had been using by the hundreds in Colt Deltas. (Knowing Glock would howl "It's the ammo!" I personally fired the rest of that box of 10mm through a Colt Delta Elite.) I am aware, via NCIC bulletins, of literally dozens of other LE Glocks cracking up over a ten year period and the vast majority of them were being fired with factory loads at the time.

Then, the reports just sorta tapered off into nothing. Why? I have long contended that Glock, who will never admit there was a chamber-support problem in the first place, made subtle changes to mitigate this problem. You take a look and decide for yourself. The LWD barrel is an aftermarket barrel.

[Linked Image]

When reloading the .40 S&W, you have to assume that any brass you pick up may have been through one of the sloppy chambers. I use range pick-ups exclusively and I keep the velocity of my reloads down around 800 fps to account for it. They feed, function and shoot just fine; and I never worry about blowing a casehead.

The older G23 barrel came in my wife's police trade-in. I didn't like the looks of it and I replaced her barrel with the Lone Wolf barrel, at right.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ