Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I am considering having Pac-Nor build me a 28 inch 3 groove rifled, super match 22-06 on a Ruger M77 Action I own.

The purpose of this gun is long range shooting, for the fun of long range shooting. Varmints now and then. No serious purpose is intend.

Where would I find information on this cartridge, what are your opinions on muzzle brakes (it will be shot with ear plugs always),contours (I am considering the medium Palma), fluting, twist rates, powders, scopes, and bullets.

I know many will wonder why the Ruger, but I love my Rugers.

If I may give you a little advice from experience, what you have proposed is a recipe for disaster for a couple reason's.
My nephew had a basicly inentical gun a few years ago a 22-284 Pac-Nor 3 groove 1-8" twist. it was a nightmare because this chambering is wayyyy too over bore and combine that with a 3groove barrel and there are very few bullet's that will make it out the muzzle intact, the 75-80gr A-Max wont, the 75-80gr VLD Berger's wont. the only bullet's that will shoot in this combo are the Sierra Match King's 69-80grains.
If you have your heart set on the 22-06 so that you can shoot these other bullets a 5 or 6 groove barrel is a must.
Then the other thing to consider is barrel life.....500-600 rounds top's and it will be toast.
B