If your looken to play at long range.

http://www.6mmbr.com/243Win.html

We asked GA Precision's George Gardner why he chose .243 Winchester for his Tactical Comp Gun. He replied, "Why would I run anything else? Think about it. I'm sending a .585 BC 115 at 3150 fps--that'll shoot inside the 6XC and .260 Rem with ease. I'm pretty sure I have found the Holy Grail of Comp Rifles. There are no brass issues like you can get forming .260 brass. I don't have to worry about doughnuts, reaming necks--none of that. And the choice in brass is great too--run Lapua if you want max reloads and great accuracy. Run Winchester if you're on a budget, and so you won't cry if you lose some cases in a match. I can get 10-round mags, and feeding is 100% reliable, since the case is identical to a .308 except for the neck. Accuracy-wise, I don't think I'm giving up anything to the .260 Rem or the 6XC." We then asked George if he'd considered using a .243 AI instead: "Yeah, the cases look cool with that 40� shoulder, but I think the standard .243 feeds a little better. And I don't think I really need the extra performance of an improved case. Run the ballistics for my load--115 moly DTAC at 3150 fps. You've got less windage than a 2950 fps 6.5-284, with cheaper brass, cheaper dies, cheaper bullets, and less recoil."

The thing about a 22-06 is that not only will your barrel life suck.Your case life will too.Your gonna eat cases like crazy.Its alot of work.
For high speed 22 stuff.I'd run a 22 CHeetah.Excellant case life.Not uncommen to get 20-25 reloads per case provided you dont get carried away.
Gardner and Tubbs stuff are pretty hard to beat.And you dont have to re-invent the wheel.
I'd skip the Pac-Nor for a Rock.Today,tommorrow and yesterday.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.