Originally Posted by peepsight3006
Originally Posted by atkinson
Muledeer,
I talked to Ross not long ago and he was still there! I'll give him a call.

For long range shooting I would think the 22 caliber a bad choice, as it tends to drop off in velocity and it certainly is wind sensitive IMO...

Personally I would opt for a 30 caliber or at least a 6mm. but thats just an opine on my part.

Shore nuff. Ray, the folks that do the 22/XXX bit are muzzle velocity blind. They can tell you within a few fps what she does at the muzzle, but are immune to logic when it comes to downrange stuff, like retained velocity due the BC, which is at least partially dependent on SD. When you show them what happens to a 200 grain partition (BC of .56) compared to a 45 grain .22 at distances from 400 out, they almost always come up with the "yea, but" that goes with denial.

Yea, I know I'm preaching to the choir, but at least you will listen and nod, knowing that a 375 shoots just as flat as an '06.

Wayne

The 22 caliber 90 grain Berger VLD has an advertised BC of .551. The 90 grain Sierra HPBT is listed as .504. BC is BC regardless of caliber, and I totally understand the desire for the 22-06. It would be a long-range, low-recoil toy that I think would be huckuva lot of fun. Yes, it is overbore and not very practical from the standpoint of longevity, but that just goes with the territory. As long as the man paying the bills understands that going in, it is his decision. I say go for it!

Again, talk to Ross Seyfried. He has BTDTBTTS.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.