I have owned and shot the 257 Rbts for nearly 30 years now. One of my best friends and hunting buddies had several 6.5x55's (Rest his soul)

I have shot more game with 117g bullets from the Rbts then all others. Reason is simple. The 117g were the MOST accurate bullets for my rifles. The powder was H4831 and Vel was around 2650 fps.

My longest shot on Big game of any type (this case a whitetail) was with this load. I found out long ago speed is of no use if you can not place it where you want it. It was at apx 215 yrds and a neck shoot as the deer where in tall grass hiding the body area.

My hunting partner made shots like I did and I could not really tell any difference between the Sweede and Roberts in the field. Both shot very accurately and both put the animals down. We both hunted Black bear with them and each of us were lucky enough to each get a bear, different years and times though. Both the Sweede and Roberts did full penetration on blackies, but neither of us did shoulder shots but rather both were low rib shoots and both left good blood trails. Both the Sweede and Roberts are easy on the shoulder and if you reload, easy on the budget as well. The real difference between the two is the twist, and as a rule the Sweede favors higher SD bullets and the Roberts does well with lower SD bullets. Yet in the middle ground of bullets (100 to 120 grains) they seem to be like peas in a pod.

Good to know that the modern and newer powders are adding even more to both of these wonderful rounds, and the premium bullets as well. If you have either, I would suggest go forth and shot and enjoy, be it paper or game or vermin. Both are great fun and effective and easy to use.

..pick..