Originally Posted by boltman
A Marlin semi-auto in .250 circa around 1920 - what a deal. I want one! I often think that if I were to win a big powerball, I would be digging up patent drawings like this and commission the building of rifles that never got off the ground. This would be a neat example. There are patent drawings of rifles from John Browning, Andrew Burgess etc. that might have been really neat rifles. Another one I would have built would be one like the Savage .32/20 prototype smile

If that ever happens here are some more for you to make!!!

These would be of interest to Savage collectors to make -
Savage toy gun For those with kids...
Double barrel '99' For Drew (the double barrel guy) and those who use their 410 barrels but would rather not have to swap them in and out. This was designed to disengage the bolts from the lever so that either side could be fired and cycled independant of the other or together if both side had been fired...if the breech bolts are disengaged when loaded - how do you unchamber a live round???? I'll have to read more of the patent, and I find them hard to read.
Pump action roughly based on a 99

Here a couple you would probably NOT want to make--
??????? for the musky fisherman who still wants to dispatch his catch with a pistol but doesn't want to be easily busted...
Buglar Alarm
revolver This one from 1909 is referenced by four other patents from 1977 to 2003

...and here are some pump rifles, 1895 to 1910 - no shotguns - no major manufacturer (no manufacurer period, for most!!!)

Last edited by GeneB; 08/02/10. Reason: corrected spelling, added info