Hello,

My only M70 Pre-64 is a .375 H&H made in 1953. I bought it from a Southafrican who came to Patagonia for a few years and left the rifle, sold to me, with Weaver bases and two yellow boxes of Winchester 300 grs Silvertips. From the begining, shooting the rifle with cold barrel, the first shoot went high, around 2 to 3 inches. Once dismounted the rifle I see two cracks: one behind the first stop of the stock forward of the magazine opening and the other in the little bridge in front of the trigger opening. Studying the situation I realized that there was a light of around 1 mm between the front stop of the action and the wood! I fill the gap with several metal sheets until the contact was firm. And I put two cross bolts throught the front and rear cracks. And all went right! The first shoot throught a cold barrel was in the same group as the followings 2 or 4 shoots! The rifle is a 1 to 1,5", depending of the sooter, me, with all bullets, from 235 Speer and Barnes X to 300 grs Nosler P, Sierra and Hornady. I have absolute confidence in my .375 H&H Winchester Pre-64.

Regards

PH