Originally Posted by logcutter

That being said and on topic,my(now) Pre '64 Winchester shot great groups right out of the box as I was there with every range session and hunt....

The net can be a strange damn place sometimes with all the scribbling over un important stuff when number one is shot placement and number two is a quality bullet////not at range conditions but in the field under the stress some have.....

I can't remember one year I was not in on atleast ten Elk kills from either helping pack them out to just being a dumbo logger for 40+ years.

I am Nosler through and through and will never change.It brings home the bacon...My(my dads) pre '64 in .270 Win has scored well over 40 Elk with a cheap Weaver 4X scope and 130 grain bullets....

Horse flies to Elephants,the 130 Nosler get's 'er done in a .270 Win.

Jayco

Hurrah Jayco! Gawd I just luv this stuff....... grin

I christened an unfired(near as I can tell) pre 64 M70 270FW this week in the wood stock;slapped a 4x28 Leup on it,tightened the guard screws,and got MOA at 300 yards with 60.5-H4831,130 Partitions...I have owned it a couple of years and never shot it......funny thing is I zeroed in 5 shots, the last landing 3" high, fired NO groups at 100 yards;just went to 300 yards with it.....this in the wood stock, no trigger job,no nuthin...(the club president,a National Match Shooter, said the rifle is brand new!)

I'm taking it to Wyoming this fall....I know as much about it as I need to.....it's a pre 64 M70......270Win.............FW............ whistle

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.