Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Rex;

You know better than that. It's not the .gov, it's the American PEOPLE put in danger by this crap that gets folks worked up.

.gov is one thing, and on that, I think you know that you and I (and many) agree. But, you start jeopardizing the lives of servicemen and women, civilians, etc., then we've got problems.

Servicemen and women are the government. Civilians paid by the government are the government.

Whom did you think the government was?

Most people have never thought of it in that light, Barak. The word "government" stirs up internal pictures and preconceived (planted, actually) notions of some stand-alone volitional entity that is perceived as not only a reality but an authoritative one.

It's all fake. A game of make believe...

The reality is that it's a group of individuals who call themselves (or perhaps don't) government. It's just people. Not only that, it's just individual people. But everyone was trained up to have this spook living inside them that rears its ugly head at the mention of the word.

Abstract perception vs concrete reality.

Governmetn doesn't do things, it never has and never will because it's a fiction. (It's even referred to in legal documentation as a fictional entity)
Governments don't do things, people do.
Governments aren't responsible and won't stand before God's judgment throne, people are and will.

Those who think the excuse "I was just doing my job" or "I was just following orders" is acceptable are going to be very surprised. And very disappointed -- in themselves.
Humility and shame will overwhelm them to the point of sobbing violently. And there will be nothing that can be done about it in the way of relief.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress