Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I have an Ed Brown Damara in .300 Win Mag. It's light, around 7+ pounds with a brake. I'm shooting 180 gr. Ballistic Tips at 3,000 fps, approx. 1/2 MOA. I'm looking for a trim, light hunting scope with a ballistic turret, programmed for this load. Am looking at the Leupold VX-3, 3.5-10x40 CDS and the Swarovski Z3, 4-12x50 BT Reticle. I know there is a price spread there, but like both scopes. Cabelas has this Z3 on sale for around $1K, the Leupold will cost around $600 or so. The Leupold custom turrets are less expensive than the Outdoorsman's custom Swarovski turrets. I don't want the big, M1 Leupold type target turrets, just a simple one with a stop at 100 yds. Don't expect to shoot much over 500 yds. May need an extra turret for high altitude hunting.

Would appreciate input and advice.

Thanks,

DF

The One Load Wonder BDC's are a great gag gift,every Cough Silencer oughtta come with one.

Would love to hear how someone is stupid enough to screw a MOA scale up,with all staring them right in their crossed eyes..................

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."