Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Pete E
John,

Out of curiousity, to what range are your elevation turrets calibrate for?

Also, if your windage turrets are marked in wind speed, how do you account for different strengths coming from different points of the compass?

Regards,

Peter

Pete,

The max distance on the Drop Compensating Turret will depend on the rifle the optic is mounted on and the conditions used to generate the trajectory.

We get 20 MOA in a rotation on our custom scopes so we will get a little further max range in one rotation that the stock Leupold.

I will give you an example:

7MM WSM shooting the 162gr Hornady AMAX
Muzzle Velocity 3100fps

Now let�s say we will use this rifle hunting costal blacktail in SE Alaska. Our hunting conditions will range from beach hunting at sea level to maybe a max of 3000ft if we are tough and want to climb from the beach to the alpine.

I would recommend setting the turret for 1500ft and 40degrees temp.

From a 200yd zero we would need 19.5 MOA to get us to 950yds. We would etch the 950yard hash at 19 2/3s MOA and that would be one click short of a full revolution.

The rest of the dial will be etched with the appropriate ranges.

We don�t dial for wind but use the reticle with the hash marks in one MOA increments.

The 10 MPH wind drift is etched on the elevation turret above each hundred yard increment.

In this example the 900 yard zero will have a 4 � etched above the 9 to indicate the bullet will drift 4 � MOA at 900yds in a true 10 MPH crosswind.

Here is a video link that might be of interest.

[bleep],you're a RIOT!

MOA for windage,but not ele...though you'll scratch [bleep] with a pocket knife?

Interestingly enough,these BDC's with MOA will grant 60MOA in a revolution.

[Linked Image]

Getta kick out 1/3 values too,if only because they's as obtuse as you. I'm cryin'.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."