It's not my loss at all, as I don't feel the need to drag junk out into the field. There are lots of better rifles to be had, both new and used, for the same amount of money. For my dollars invested, I would rather buy used good stuff, instead of new crap. It is less expensive that way, as I am only buying once. As far as the "not the best, but good enough to work" comment, if this were true, we would all field Mossy ATRS with Barska scopes. Why not, as they "work".
There always seems to be the need to pump up garbage as being superior to quality goods, citing price vs performance. A fella drinks some kool-aid, and drops some dough on a cheap rilfe, and runs some factory ammo out of it, and it shoots well, for the money, and all of sudden its a fantastic piece of kit that keeps up to full custom rigs?
Why would one back a design that is based around cost to build, and nothing more? I find that they are somewhat accurate, to be one the greatest manufacturing accidents of all time, as they sure as hell didn't start out that way.
Each to his own, and anyone can purchase whathever the hell they want with thier dough, but don't tell me that cheap junk is better than quality goods, just because it's cheap.

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.