Originally Posted by Azshooter
I got a big kick of of a Canadian's build shown on 6mmBR.com
He selected the Savage-made Stevens 200

His goal:

"I wanted to see if I could build a rifle with match-grade accuracy (1/4-MOA or better at short range and sub-MOA way out there) without spending a small fortune. This dictated using readily-available commercial products where possible. I wanted an economical, commercial action that could shoot accurately without a lot of expensive trueing or tuning. And I wanted there to be quality aftermarket parts (bases, triggers, and stocks) for this action."

"6.5 "Mystic" Barrel Block F-Classer
Jerry Teo's Stevens-Actioned 6.5-08 AI Showcases New Design Ideas
Other Guns of the Week >
Canadian shooter Jerry Teo has created an innovative rifle system that delivers very impressive accuracy (one-ragged-hole groups at 200 yards), with economical components. Using interchangeable block-equipped barreled actions, he can switch calibers in under a minute, with just a wrench. Jerry's radical rig has proven itself in its first F-Class competition at 345 yards (300m), delivering a 749-61X, out of a total possible score of 750-75X. We're proud to showcase the efforts of a creative home-builder, whose entire gun, including optics, costs about what you'd pay for a premium custom action with rings, trigger guard and scope rail."

Some of his ideas are great! It may be a little funky looking but he met his goal. Link for entire story: http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek075.html

Jerry is an interesting guy and makes his living selling stuff. I will refrain on commenting regarding the quality of his goods and price point that he sets towards his target market. He also spent a significant amount of time and money getting that rilfe to shoot. So much, in fact, that if those costs were factored into the build price, he would have not met his own critria. Anything is possible, if you get out you wallet. There really isn't any way around it.

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.