Originally Posted by MarkD

I'm just curious - WHY did you throw out all your Savages (or why did your other rifles revolt?) smile
You write they are "junk" and "crap". on what is this based?

I have shot a couple Savages (not long range) and they shot great!

My impression is that the Savage guns (or just the actions) are, indeed ugly. That is probably why I picked a different gun when I bought my varminter several years ago - I just didn't want a boring Savage. when I buy my next gun - it WILL be a savage (or a 6mmBR based on Savage). Why, because I am not overly concerned that I'm with the prettiest girl in the crowd. I want a woman who will cook, clean, do the laundry, take great care of the kid(s)... and do it all extremely well - she maybe not cook as well as Emeril or clean like Mr Clean or do laundry like Billy Mays and his oxyclean, and isn't SuperNanny; but I can't afford all of them to come to my house) - and if I could fine ONE woman to do all that she would either be way out of my league -or even uglier than a Savage smile .

BTW, I AM married to the prettiest girl around in real life smile
and yes, she cooks, cleans, launders and is the best stay-at-home mommy in the world!

Pretty rifles don't like to hang out with ugly ones, so in order to prevent an uprising, I removed the ugly from the situation. grin

It is my opinion that they are a cheap rifle with a design that is based on bringing a rilfe to market with the lowest possible price. They are built the way they are for that reason, and that reson only, nothing else. The fact that they "shoot well for the price" is a testement as to how much money can be spent on polishing a turd. Like I said, anything is possible, when you get your wallet out. These are my findings based on the experiences I have had, with rilfes I have owned.

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.