Originally Posted by Rman

David, the fact that you site accuracy $$ for $$ as you quailifier is my point. Go find the cheapest pile of junk you can find, and shoot it. It will be "x-brand is the most accurate for money spent", will it not?

Accuracy is not the only measure, but it seems to be one people default to. Design, quality of materials, fit and finish, asthetics, handling characteristics, and price, are things we all look for in a rifle. As we are all individuals, we are willing to focus more on some, and not so much on others.

I haved owned several Salvages. The rest of the rifles in my safe had a revolt, and threw them out.

Rem 700's, Howa's, Vanguards, Model 70's, hell, if you wait long enough, you can find practically anything used for the same price as a new Salvage. The fact that you site the money again is my point. That the rifle is cheap (not less exspensive), and performs well, for it's price, does not make it better.

R.

I'm just curious - WHY did you throw out all your Savages (or why did your other rifles revolt?) smile
You write they are "junk" and "crap". on what is this based?

I have shot a couple Savages (not long range) and they shot great!

My impression is that the Savage guns (or just the actions) are, indeed ugly. That is probably why I picked a different gun when I bought my varminter several years ago - I just didn't want a boring Savage. when I buy my next gun - it WILL be a savage (or a 6mmBR based on Savage). Why, because I am not overly concerned that I'm with the prettiest girl in the crowd. I want a woman who will cook, clean, do the laundry, take great care of the kid(s)... and do it all extremely well - she maybe not cook as well as Emeril or clean like Mr Clean or do laundry like Billy Mays and his oxyclean, and isn't SuperNanny; but I can't afford all of them to come to my house) - and if I could fine ONE woman to do all that she would either be way out of my league -or even uglier than a Savage smile .

BTW, I AM married to the prettiest girl around in real life smile
and yes, she cooks, cleans, launders and is the best stay-at-home mommy in the world!