Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by Rman
It's not my loss at all, as I don't feel the need to drag junk out into the field. There are lots of better rifles to be had, both new and used, for the same amount of money.

Based on what measure? For accuracy, Savage is the best $$ for $$.

So if accurate rifle is the measure, you are probably dragging junk into the field if its not a Savage. Never owned one, I'll bet.

BTW, show me a better rifle, new or used, for the money.

I'll check back often, 'cuase this will take you a while.....

David, the fact that you site accuracy $$ for $$ as you quailifier is my point. Go find the cheapest pile of junk you can find, and shoot it. It will be "x-brand is the most accurate for money spent", will it not?

Accuracy is not the only measure, but it seems to be one people default to. Design, quality of materials, fit and finish, asthetics, handling characteristics, and price, are things we all look for in a rifle. As we are all individuals, we are willing to focus more on some, and not so much on others.

I haved owned several Salvages. The rest of the rifles in my safe had a revolt, and threw them out.

Rem 700's, Howa's, Vanguards, Model 70's, hell, if you wait long enough, you can find practically anything used for the same price as a new Salvage. The fact that you site the money again is my point. That the rifle is cheap (not less exspensive), and performs well, for it's price, does not make it better.

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.