What a bunch of unskilled hunters and outdoorsmen. In 1974 after I graduated from college I flew to Alaska and spent the summer working in Cold Bay. After Labor Day my father air feighted my rifle to Anchorage, I bought some food and packed my pack then hitched hiked to McCarthy, Alaska. Once in McCarthy, I found a pilot who flew me into the the Wrangle Saint Elias to hunt mountain goat. A week later he picked me and my goat up and back to McCarthy and the next day I hitched hiked back to Anchorage and Gridwood where I was staying. Nothing hard about it.

Several years later I was a resident and drove to Fairbanks, flew to Fort Yukon and onward to Arctic Village and a charter pilot flew me to the northside of the Brooks Range. Ten days later he picked me and my sheep up. Nothing hard about it.

Since then I have done the same with a caribou hunt and a moose hunt. I have been on several guided hunts in BC and several guided fishing trips in Alaska and one trip to Africa. If hunter after accessing the area is not able to do there own hunting then why go hunting. Remember everything you need to know is in the Boy Scouts Handbook.