Both will work, ..., just not a big quarter bore fan, get the .270.

...but must admit I am less than enamored by 25/06's,so ain't exactly objective on the subject either.....

I'm in this camp. Never had any attraction to quarter bore anythings, though occassionally I do think the little 250 Savage might be fun (but wouldn't have one as long as I have the 243/260/7mm-08 options in similar packages). Just me...

I prefer the 270 enough to have actually just swapped a 25-06 barrel for a 270 barrel for an upcoming project. The new owner of the 25-06 barrel was happy, and I'll be happier with the 270, so everybody wins. smile

And I am sorta puzzled by the vision of deer running off willy nilly after taking a properly placed slug from either..

So true. I'm always amazed at guys that will say that every deer they killed with a certain cartridge always fell over in it's tracks, while every deer they shot with a very similar cartridge runs off, with no blood trail, and they need GPS tracking to find them a mile away, so the one is clearly superior to the other, when both have long and proven records. That would pretty much be the case with these two.