Thanks for pointing that out JB...

Sorry I missed that, I do recall you mentioning it here, though not heard of anyone doing it, most seem to buy, or are awaiting Hornady brass from what I have seen i.e. over on snipershide where you have a sprinkling of 6.5C users as well as 47, but the latest talk of Lapua 260 brass has seemingly increasing interest in the 260. No doubt, the 47 and Creed BOTH have design features that offer improvement over Rem's version.

That's a good option to have if/when Hornady is in short supply.

How would quality compare and which brand 22-250 would be preferred......(Lapua cost about as much as 47 and 260 brass - so no advantage there)?

I Like the Creed DESIGN actually better than 260, but to me the availability of components and ammo to me give the 260 a big advantage, as of now, again IMO. That said, there are no flies on the design or factory ammo in the 6.5C, but I think the buying public may well now lean more than ever to the 260 since Lapua is out and handloaders see that as a KEY rationale for choice. I have not heard anything bad on consistency w/6.5C brass, but primer pocket life has been debated.

Time will tell if the 6.5C survives/thrives, if it does not, it will be not due to it's capabilities.

Personally I like hedging things w/brass options being a handloader and having so many 'ready made' stamped '260' cases on the scene, it's hard to overlook that aspect. Just me.

From an industry standpoint, I don't expect to see any other mfg. desiring to offer ammo/brass as the 6.5 mid capacity space seems to be getting crowded, not to mention the legendary 55mm w/120+ years of success/history.....albeit usually in a long action.

I have nothing against any of the rounds, they all offer great accuracy, low recoil, and good killing power to hunters, w/good trajectory and wind drift.

I will be interested if Lapua brass will dramatically change the ease of accuracy obtained with the 260 vs. the 'IMO' better designed cases the Creed and 47 offer.

From calculations I made, I believe the neck on the 47 is .319
while the other 2 are around .2594/2.595. I believe the 6.5x55 has a neck of about .313, a known round for accuracy.

Just as my experience showed a preference for a 6mm Rem to slightly overshadow the 243 Win in ease of developing 'bug hole' loads, I think the 47 offers that potential.

It's splitting hairs really, the 260 does make it harder to kiss lands when seated in factory mag boxes w/factory Saami chambers no doubt - not a great thing, though there are options for reamers and mag boxes. Granted, one would have to be Darned good to 'Shoot the difference' when not on a steady table w/sandbags or similar.

I would expect a SLIGHT recoil reduction w/the 47 in a sporter weight rifle, again, splitting hairs.

In selecting one over another, it seems to be more about application, Real accuracy goals/needs, and owner wants/needs with ammo, brass options, and costs of those IMO. A BR shooter might want a 47 but a steel shooter might like less expensive brass in the event one fails/wishes not to recover all ejected brass.

Just some of what I have seen others argue, though I admit I have also used the same criteria to consider when choosing which round, for various projects.

To me, the best reason to use a Creed is a non handloader who wants a mild nice 6.5mm, whether for non dangerous big game/varmints and/or various competition. Hunters do get the option of having many choices by Ruger and I believe Savage has added some 6.5C's along w/their 260s. There may be more, I am not sure.

None the less, there is no 6.5mm round I dislike smile