1895 - Hornady was smart enough to realize the price of gas is a factor in how much people drive.....or what they burn it in.....the ammo costs will no doubt give an easier path to those willing to try it.

Alan, I have trimmed a few 243 in my day, and a 260 on occasion, but I partial size and perhaps don't run my loads as hard as you I don't know, no doubt as you go up in bore size on the 308 case, trimming seems to be less an issue......worse w/243, better w/a 7/08.

I do know I never needed to trim 6BR or 7BR brass and the 47 has the same attributes. What I do recall is someone mentioning that their 260 in a Sako was the Smoothing feeding rifle they had.......and I had a couple, as did long ago the older AII and L579s both in 243 and those 'less efficient' lower shoulder angles do help it seems.

So long as a rifle feeds smooth and reliable I don't mind a sharper angled round, though Terry Cross tried a 260 AI and went BACK to the original due to it's better feeding - IN the rifles/platforms he works w/for steel/silhouette - tactical matches. I never ran an AI, and concern over feeding has been a reason. In reviewing his report http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek046.html you can see however he ran a 40 degree AI, so I can see a 47 w/30 degree working better.

I think you did get your 47 feeding properly after the custom action maker tuned it correct? No fault of the round I am sure as the 47 seems to do fine in most repeaters from what I have seen.