Butch, what I was trying to convey, is that the Bobcat and the Creedmoor are both based on the 250-3K case, not identical rounds. Sorry on that confusion in my wording.

Re: my comment about who had the rights w/Saami, yes Jim wrote about the Bobcat and Panther PRIOR to a 260 being approved by Saami, yet LATER when Remington got the 260 introduced, Jim received credit for inventing it.

From what I know, ASQUARE applied first to Saami, but Remington somehow came in later, and for whatever reason, Remington received approval. No matter how and why that happened, many gave Jim credit for inventing the round, citing his work on the Bobcat and Panther article. He never seemed to correct those who were unaware that the round had a history LONG before. I think Jim was completely aware of the facts, and was planting the seed in his writing, about the virtues of a mid sized 6.5, as he likely was 'in the know' of the soon to be released 260.

When I was midstream in the build of my 6.5-308, I got wind of what Remington had in the works and I contacted Remington (in 95) - they said, 'We cannot confirm nor deny'.....so I contacted the Lonoke, AR plant, I was able to get a 'print' of their round, and compared it to a 6.5-308 reamer print Chris at Pac-Nor gave me before my rifle was done, as I wanted to know if the new 260 ammo would work in my rifle. That is also what I told Rem when I asked and that's when they admitted/and ONLY said, 'can't confirm nor deny' as I questioned about running their ammo in my chamber.

Read a post here on the topic in 2004 where JB chimes in.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/274561