FWIW, I had Pac-Nor build me a 6.5-308....aka now 260 back in the mid 90s...and about then a few 6BRs. For Varmints/paper/deer I still see ALOT of utility for these rounds w/good bullets.

As to the 47, for a fellow that wants to drive 120-130 class bullets and happy w/say 2900/2800 respectively in a 22-23" bbl max, I think it gives up little to nothing in capabilities for game typically hunted with a 6.5 up to most normal distances.

Now granted, if I were shooting competition at 1,000 yds, a 260, and Creedmoor as I said above gives a little speed more due to case capacity in heavier 139-142s, (and many would argue for a 6.5-284 and/or 6.5x55 or an AI variant, and rightfully so - bore life not withstanding) but when you drop down to lighter bullets i.e. 120-130s, the differential is less and a 47 is very comparable in results/data I have seen.

The 47 has the least capacity, therefore least recoil and muzzle lift. Recoil is NOT an issue w/any, but the LESS my muzzle rises and sight pic left undisturbed, the easier I can spot my hits/misses.....and one only needs to run a rifle where you can do so to learn a rifle's trajectory fast...shooting 6mm BRs and 7BR in a rifle has been my most fun calibers I have run. Various 22s were nice, but lacked as much 'bullet signature/impact' when hitting in say grass vs. dirt. SO, having a bullet with enough frontal area and weight/energy yet in a mild enough recoiling rifle (think BR thru 308 case, and 6-7mm bullets thru 120-130gr) to me give a great balance.

No doubt they are all very useful and have more in common then otherwise. On brass - the Creedmoor perhaps suffered inconsistent production meeting supply/demand ratio's but perhaps it will straighten/level out after many owners stock up.

No doubt given the intro of the Creed and timing of a new administration and 'panic buying...HOARDING of components inc. brass/lead/caps' supplies of brass were not always steady so it seems based on owners putting out 'Brass wanted' posts on sights where many Creed users reside. No doubt that was not likely a long term issue, but I seen many such posts and complaints....but I personally was not keeping tabs on the issue since I was not looking for any.

M7 - I loved my Borden 260 Varmint bbl, and may yet do a sporter in one as I have 3 more Alpine actions begging for barrels. 2 6.5 Bartlein's ready to be chambered and I am leaning strong to the 47 for at least one....as though many might compare differences in the 3, the fact is, I'd be willing to bet big, that 90-95% of the deer and hogs killed, could all have dropped very dead/quick had a good 120-130gr 6.5 been fired from the measley Grendel.

Having shot the 6 and 7 BR, NOT fireforming brass was why I chose those and was 'yet' to have built a 6.5 version, the Grendel is compelling, but a bolt makes more sense....yet I pause thinking you give up another 150-200fps over a BR case.

A 47 will close the gap between a PPC improved case ala Grendel, and the BR vs. the 260 and Creed, while giving POSITIVE feeding in a repeater...minimal recoil and muzzle lift...and VERY close speeds when using 120-130s, to a 260 or Creed in a 21-23" bbl which I prefer in a sporter hunting rifle.

With a 6BR and 95 Ballistic Tips or 105 Amax OR a 7mm BR w/120 Ballistic Tip OR a 120 Vmax......OR a 6.5 Grendel or BR and 120 Ballistic Tip or 129 SST........I would HAPPILY use ANY of those BR/PPC_AI cases to 400 yds on deer.

That said, I have NO doubt a 47 will do for 98-100% of what I intend to do with a 6.5 bore, mostly varmints/paper/deer/hogs and perhaps a sprinkling of other non dangerous big game, with ranges likely not to exceed 400-500 yds as an outlier. Surely not 600+ that John Burns video showed Wayne Van Zwolle taking his elk w/129 w/the Creed.

There is an argument for all three, depending on application, where any/all might do VERY well, but when you split hairs, the edge based on criteria determined by the individual choosing, specific to the exact type of shooting/hunting that will be done, can go to any one......depending.

Glad to see the support and appreciate for these three mild mannered highly efficient and effective rounds. I think the 243 and 7/08 got many in this direction as did the 270 when many realized 30 somethings were not always needed......or even small bore magnums.

Light recoil, self spotting hits w/o a muzzle brake, bore life, wonderful accuracy, and endless diversity of common bullet choices from 85-160gr.....simply covers alot of ground and features I desire in a cartridge. Granted, MANY rounds can well duplicate their performance - but for the balance I have selected for all my criteria, they personally have alot more pros than cons. For other hunters/shooters, their needs may differ and that's ok, a 6.5 or at least modest capacity 6.5 may NOT be the best.

EACH shooter must individually decide WHAT it is they are looking for in variable's to choose the criteria they look for, and in what priority they put them.

SU - re: your comments -

quote[Loaded to the same pressures.
I would expect less recoil with the 260 Rem.

Less barrel length.
Less pressures.
Better brass.

Who wants to fire form brass, have a longer barrel, shoot at higher pressures just so they can match a 260 Rem shooting at normal pressures out of a 22" barrel?

Am I missing something here?]quote

The 6.5x47 LAPUA cartridge typically runs about 37-40gr powder vs. say 44-46 or more in the 260.

As to pressures - granted some/many users of the Lapua '47mm' round PUSH pressures very high to try duplicating a 260 or Creed.....that's NOT my plan if I chamber one up......as to my uses....if I am 50fps shy of a 260 for example, it won't change IF that bullet will take down a game animal at the ranges I hunt. I think Greg R and others here have done VERY well w/260s running in a 16.5" Ruger Compact, knowing well that anticipated/typical vel. loss is about 30-35 fps per inch, an average loss of say 150-200 fps might be pretty much expected over a 22-24" bbl, YET the animal never knows, only the user if they clock over a chronograph.

FWIW, I ran a 22" 260 Sako 75, fav load was a 130 at 2780 w/IMR4350. Sure I could have bumped it up about 50-75fps or more, using H4350 and others, yet I was getting groups where the first 2 of 3 shots were in the same hole.....at 200 yds.....(Federal brass - Rem brass did not reproduce results). I did this TWICE the same day back to back after barrel cool down using a 6.5-20x Leupold.

Headstamp is more in a shooters mind than affecting the outcome of a kill for a hunter, when the first two principals are applied:

1) Use a good bullet
2) Put it thru vitals

I could be VERY happy running ANY of the 3 so long as I had a good supply of ammo and/or brass to handload, and good bullets, and my loads/rifle was producing groups near/sub 1/2MOA which is not uncommon in any of them in a well built rifle, inc. Ruger's as JB has noted.

This assumes one is not making a video on LR hunting on large game at 800-1,000+ yards, which is a whole other topic anyway. Plenty speed is on tap IMO for expansion and penetration save the LONGEST of shots w/the hardest of bullets (think solid copper).

Perhaps Alan - aka GSSP will see this thread and chime in...he has had some very impressive results w/his personal 47 Lapua's - 2 rifles......and it is intriguing...however no doubt, many can question pressures used, even though Alan has to date had no safety issues, handloading safety does need to be in check for any round loaded.