Great points made by many. I am confident that quality 260 ammo starting w/proper brass, powder, and bullet, and used in quality rifles w/proper twist, will shoot neck and neck w/the other two, one only needs to see comparison's made by Zak Smith. He pitted the 47 vs Creed vs 260 all against each other in thorough testing, in accurate rifles w/top ammo. I myself have shot groups sub .2 moa in a custom 260, and even my Sako was a 1/2 MOA rifle.

I think somehow Butch many somehow contrived that Jim was responsible for the 260. As you know a round dating WAY back in PO Ackley's book, not to mention it was Asquare's round FIRST seeking Saami rights......Jim seemed to not correct history. It is interesting he does not take 'credit' for the Bobcat i.e. 6.5-250AI - Creed also.

It's all moot, as are many of the subtle differences in these rounds, but I do agree above that the industry should try perhaps to work together instead of diluting and confusing others in a fragmented niche market.

Many would be owners of these 6.5s likely feel 'why buy a rifle in a round that may well be obselete when I can buy a 270, '06, or '08 and get MORE choices in ammo and rifles than any 6.5?'

Instead of penalizing would be buyers w/higher ammo costs w/say yellow/green box ammo in 260 vs similar ammo in the 3 other's above, maybe the round would have actually thrived much more to a broader market than the remaining loonies that largely handload.

If Hornady 'Stays the course' over time it may get traction in the Creed, but only IMHO if they continue offering quality ammo at sane prices, w/good bullet options both for the competitive crowd, and the sportsman who largely are made up of deer hunters.

I truly believe they have an uphill battle as many lack confidence in the future of the round, given how big Green abandoned their '6.5 Panther'....LOL.