If you can find a new SC winchester model 70 for under $750.00 you could almost guarantee it to be a shooter. You're asking for the most accurate for under that price, that's a different story. I hate to admit it but the savage bolt guns are extremely accurate and can be had for quite a bit less than that price. Every savage I've ever shot has been extremely accurate and that even goes for the cheap azz edge and stevens 200. You guys know I'm not a savage guy, but I have to give credit where it is due. Want examples, well lets just say last saturday I was shooting against some local guys and 2 of them using savage heavy barrel tactical/varmiters handed my ass to me. I shot 2 scores of 100-7x but it wasn't good enough. Actually one guy was using a stevens 200 and was shooting a 5/8" 10 shot group mad whistle. Put all those in the X-ring and you basically have one big hole, that's savage for you......

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA