The INA is an unknown to me, but the .32 S & W, the .32 S & W Long and the .32 H & R Magnum are all familiar and pleasant to shoot. The .327 Magnum is probably in my future.

My "pocket pistol" top-break .32 S & W (.32 short?) is a poorly-made edition from the balloon-head black powder era. It was made here in the USA, but not proudly. It qualifies as an old wall-hanger. Other guns are much better quality nowadays and shoot with more authority. YMMV. I also found a 1904 edition of a nickled revolver .32 Long, which is more reliable and better made.

The M-31 S & W double action revolver is one of my treasures. Truly lovely, dating from the hay-days of Smith & Wesson production, with mirror blue finish, firing the Long cartridge. Sights are rudimentary, but adequate, and this revolver is simply graceful. Easy to shoot (and conceal), cheap to feed, lovely to look at.

The M-16 S & W double action .32 H & R Magnum was not very popular when it came out. Lots of shooters were hoping that Smith would bring back the smaller-framed target .32, but that didn't happen. It feels like it could have been a K frame at birth, with a hefty underlug and hand-filling grips, but that just makes it shoot better. With adjustable sights and a speed-loader, it is a serious pistola, getting a workout on rabbits. I generally use lead .32 Long cartridges in it, but it is a powerhouse with the .32 Magnum JHC loads. Reloading is a breeze.

The Ruger Single Six was made in .32 Magnum also and is fairly light and frisky at the Cowboy matches. I sometimes use the .32 Long loading, but mostly .32 H & R Magnum loads. I can use it for knock-down targets if loaded with 115-120 grain bullets really close to the 1000 fps limit for SASS, resulting in @ 255 ft/lbs of Kinetic Energy. That is the old standard for the 158 gr .38 Special load.

The .32 Short is underpowered, the .32 Long is under-rated and the .32 H & R Magnum is underused.

Handloading can change all that, so pick a gun and go to it. The lead loads range from @ 76/77 grains on up to 115-120 gr, which is generally listed as a 32-20 slug. I use faster powders, along the lines of WW-231 or AA#2 or Unique for the Long and Magnum shells. I have an old set of Redding dies for the .32 S & W. My RCBS dies are carbide and load both the .32 Long and the .32 Magnum. Jacketed bullets are also easily found, see Hornady XTP for several of my favorites.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.