[/quote]

I'm kinda on the other side of the fence when it comes to the .32 H&R. I actually don't find a need for the .327 and think the H&R has enough extra poop over the .32long to make it dang near perfect for a .32. I don't want or need the horsepower and blast of the .327 and in 6 shot SD revolvers don't think a bad guy is going to know much if any difference between an H&R and the .327. You can take things too far. YMMV.

CB [/quote]

I agree with just about all of this. The 32 H&R Magnum in handgun or rifle is just about the perfect small game cartridge.
The only shots the 32 Magnum has come up on the short side with are heavy raccoon for cross body shots which take the shoulder and porcupine. The 32 Magnum will kill porcupine but will not always bring them out of the tree with one shot.
I shot a female raccoon this morning with the 327 and a 115-grain factory Gold Dot. Large exit hole and quick kill but if I had not had a clear path for the bullet to travel after it exited I would not have taken the shot.

USMC General Vernon Megee had a Ruger No 1 in 32 S&W Long.
Ellis Lea had a Remington 788 in 32 S&W Long.
Ross Seyfried had a Ruger No 3 in 32 H&R Magnum. Seyfrieds article caused us to ut a 24� 32 Magnum TC barrel which makes a fine walking around gun.

Slim