mudhen, thanks for your kind words. Not expected but much appreciated, and you probably know how much good they will do. Some know that I am about the farthest thing from a lawyer - have never sued or even threatened to sue anyone, and hope I never need to. But, that does not keep inconsiderate and ignorant folks from leaping to unfounded conclusions.

The purpose of this thread was EXACTLY as stated, regardless of any interpretations by "groupies" (somebody here used that term - kinda like it). Thanks to those who contributed good stuff in a good way. And, thanks to a smart, kindly and generous professional on this site, have an excellent solution for my friends faulty Remington. Grateful for that.

So, can't think of anything to "admit". Have been exposed to enough challenges to know how to sort most of the pearls from the pebbles, and how to process data. Some knowledgeable folks present their stuff in an effective (and wholesome) way, others have good stuff to present but something within them gets in the way of their being acceptable. Reminds me of varieties of teachers.

In trying to look for the BEST in people, I deplore useless vulgarity, dumb assumptions, unfounded criticism and ad hominem nastiness. The two guys that turned out to be the biggest jerks in this thread must be otherwise nice and knowledgeable people who have contributed well to other situations - have seen other posts where they seemed in much better form. Maybe they had a bad day, maybe they just don't like some people, maybe ??. No gripes here. Tabula rasa.

Pearls, and pebbles. Time to be DONE.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron