Originally Posted by Sitka deer
You make the big dramatic ploy something will surely get into your trigger someday... I am thinking mine will be fairly safe due to minor routine maintenence... and mine are the automatically suspect kind because all have new trigger weight springs and have not been factory-adjusted.

Your argument about the grass seed or pine needle noted it could happen on an "otherwise Prisitine gun"... And I call bullshit on that.

You can call it a red, red rose if you want. It won't make the problem go away.

You also claim if you have not had a problem it is because nothing has worked its way into the trigger... but that is not what the evidence has shown. Evidence has shown Bubba is the number one culprit, fingers in the trigger guard or on the trigger when the gun goes off is right in there...

As I said in the original post, Bubba-ing and trigger mishandling are just as possible on other rifles as on Walker triggered Remingtons. And yet reports of unintended discharges are far more common on Remingtons than any other rifle I can think of.

Why do you think that is?

I also love the usual argument that the trigger housing traps debris inside... without getting to the concept it also keeps it out. No trigger is perfect and all can be tricked to fail. And I am not suggesting you used the claim about the trigger housing trapping junk.

But you just did, two sentences ago. ????

For the third time, I said, right from the first post, it's difficult for debris to get into the trigger. But it's still possible, and if it does, there's nowhere for it to go and only the weak trigger spring to push it out. Other rifles have much more pressure on the sear/trigger interface and room for the debris to get pushed out of the way.

It's a question of whether you examine the evidence and come to a conclusion or decide what you want the conclusion to be and bend the evidence to fit.