Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
An adult conversation would imply an ability to understand what you were talking about. Anyone with any time looking at triggers would know have some foggy idea how they work. You were the one insisting the trigger is flawed when you have no idea how it even works.

Instead you were relying on an obvious smear campaign. You were not adult enough to actually investigate what you were discussing before entering the conversation. You were not adult enough to realize decisions are made AFTER the facts are understood. You were not adult enough to follow very clear statements of fact. You were not adult enough to explain how grass seeds and pine needles thread their ways through openings far smaller than they are.

Remington did not make defective 700 triggers for well over 40 years and just get away with it. An adult would be able to read that plain as day...

No, an adult conversation would point out specifically what they thought I was wrong about and correct it.

OTOH, now that you've lost the logical argument, you've stooped to insults, personal attacks and arm waving. Sadly typical.

Again, you have to be kidding...
My first post to you after you suggested you wanted to join the grown-ups:
'So you accept Belk's theory of debris... Yet he admitted under oath he had never seen it happen... Remember, Belk is the guru...

So, please explain the course a piece of debris as large as a grass seed would take to get betwixt connector and trigger body. There is no room at the sear and less at the bottom... otherwise it is full width of the housing.

Now, if that "weak" trigger weight spring cannot move just the connector back into place how do you expect it to move the entire trigger because that is the "fix" so many use for the "problem."'

And the second time when I patiently attempted to help an "adult" understand why their (now proven) utterly ridiculous decision was flawed:
"natman
You gave two examples of debris you thought could possibly make it into the space between connector and trigger. Both are significantly larger than the available openings.

A build-up of grease and such is possible, but when you use impossible things to describe the potential problem it weighs heavy on your argument...

There are a lot of other holes in your argument as well..."

And the third time I attempted to enlighten you:
"You make the big dramatic ploy something will surely get into your trigger someday... I am thinking mine will be fairly safe due to minor routine maintenence... and mine are the automatically suspect kind because all have new trigger weight springs and have not been factory-adjusted.

Your argument about the grass seed or pine needle noted it could happen on an "otherwise Prisitine gun"... And I call bullshit on that.

You also claim if you have not had a problem it is because nothing has worked its way into the trigger... but that is not what the evidence has shown. Evidence has shown Bubba is the number one culprit, fingers in the trigger guard or on the trigger when the gun goes off is right in there... And stuff in the trigger has been real hard make happen and has never been made to happen on any trigger tested by Belk that was involved in an incident.

I also love the usual argument that the trigger housing traps debris inside... without getting to the concept it also keeps it out. No trigger is perfect and all can be tricked to fail. And I am not suggesting you used the claim about the trigger housing trapping junk."

So I gave you three shots at joining the adults before you pointed out the fact you had no idea what you were arguing about. I doubt you have ever had a 700 trigger apart and are arguing on emotion without substance. That is all fine, but if you want to claim adult status you should be a bit more honest in claiming a need to undrstand, as opposed to making assertions about how flawed the trigger is.

You never did answer the question about how you thought impossibilities could happen...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.