Originally Posted by logcutter
Then there are Polar Bears with the AR-15...

While Herbert waited at one end of the island, Cadzow, on foot, went into the brush tracking the bear.

Suddenly, the bear came out from under a brush pile about 10 yards away. It charged straight at Cadzow, who was carrying an AR-15, a rifle similar to the U.S. Army�s M-16.

The encounter was so close, Cadzow said, he didn�t have time to lift and sight the rifle.

�I shot from the hip, seven or eight times,� he said. �If I had gotten it to my shoulder, it (bear) would have been on top of me. It happened so quick, by the time it was down, it was about 10 feet from my feet.�

Or a charging Black Bear.

The officers tried scaring the bear toward a nonresidential area by yelling at it and throwing sticks at it, Weiser said. He said the entire incident lasted about an hour.

The bear eventually turned around, but came directly toward the officers. One of them fired a single shot with an AR-15 rifle, killing the bear, Weiser said.

I should be wolf hunting instead of playing on the net..Thanx gas prices..

Jayco grin

I am actually pretty comfortable with an AR in Grizzly country. I would not shoot an elk in the shoulder and expect good results.

Bear noggins and elk shoulders are very different and ballistic gel ain't either. cool

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.