Originally Posted by addicted
Exactly AggieDog, they designed the 6.8 SPC to replace it... at least for the Special Forces for now. Glad someone has my back. LOL

Of course head shots are the best, but when your clearing room to room your not exactly focused on making perfect head shots... surviving is WAY more important.

Question... would you rather clear rooms with a .223 diameter bullet or a 30 cal? No brainer. Same concept, of course it will kill them, but a 30 cal hitting the exact same spots would kill faster. Why else would they invent the 6.8 SPC to compete with the 7.62x39?

That's one reason why special forces use the AK-47 over the M4 in a lot of situations.

I don't have any experience shooting people, but quite a bit shooting deer sized game and I can't tell any difference provided vitals are punched.

I figured Special Forces wanted a different cartridge because for the most part they think they are Special better than some lowly grunt...

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.