Originally Posted by Calvin
I've done a "big" hunt with a guy I met on here. Great hunting partner and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'd be very careful though about selecting a partner off this site though.

Ditto , anytime anywhere.

Originally Posted by BuzzH
Yeah, nowadays it's rare that someone wants to make the time to mentor someone. Used to be a pretty common thing, but these days and with the self-entitlement syndrome so well entrenched in American society, no one wants to make time for anyone else.

I dont think thats true at all...and I dont think thats what Calvin ment either.

Its a sorry SOB that wouldnt help out someone that is brand new to the sport. I've helped out a lot of people over the years, got them set up with equipment, showed them spots, showed them how to take care of their game, etc. etc. etc. A good many then go about developing their own hunting styles, finding their own areas, etc. etc. Thats great, I'll help people like that all day long.

What I grow tired of, is hunting "partners" that have about the same resources as I do...looking for a handout. It gets old when they dont want to research hunting areas, they dont want to scout, they dont want to drive their vehicles, they dont want to use their camping gear, etc. etc. etc.

But, be sure they're right there on opening day with a rifle and a tag...swirl in, blast the game you've scouted in the area you researched, and then swirl home. If you finally grow tired of that and tell them to pound sand, more than likely you'll find their sorry a$$es the next year hunting the spot you showed them...and again be all butt sore because you arent happy they're hunting your spot.

Hell with that, if I'm going to go through all that trouble and all they provide is splitting gas/food money...I'd rather just hunt alone.

I have no problem sharing spots with people I can trust, and I've been overwhelmed with some of the areas that people have shared with me. I never go back without them or at least without first calling and making sure they are OK with it.

I do believe that you're right about the self-entitlement, but I think its more about others thinkig they are entitled to your areas, your equipment, and your knowledge...and then not even showing the common courtesy to keep it to themselves or reciprocate down the road.

It gets old.

I like that answer

I have no problem teaching and sharing with anyone who shows a genuine interest in wanting to know everything that goes into it from start to finish, good bad and indifferent.

I have hunted with 2 guys from here and would hunt with either again at anytime neither hunt was no small venture by any means.

I Kill Things......deal with it..