I've done probably a little over half of my western hunts by myself. I'd rather go with another person or two but most of my friends either can't or won't take off time for a hunt. I did go several years with a long time friend but we just don't make good travel and camp mates and I think 2010 was our last hunt. I'm pretty flexible on some things but on others I'm not and it became very apparent that we just didn't click as hunting trip partners.
I've made friends in Colorado and Utah whom I met while hunting and it is nice to know you will see a familiar face when you make a 1000+ mile drive solo. If I don't draw Utah this year I'll most likely be traveling to Wyoming to hunt with a member of another site. Although we have never met in person he has graciously invited me to come out and hunt with him. I told him a little about myself and my beliefs and he said it sounded okay. I'd much rather have company for the long drive--and the gas expense--but not if the company makes me grind my teeth. eek

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5